The Shear Partnership’s process has led to some wonderful creative expression. It is designed to uncover those key consumer insights that will inform design and lead to a very meaningful marketplace presence for a brand. The process is highly collaborative and allows Clients to be as involved in the creative development as they choose to be. It is very elastic and can be expanded or contracted given the individual needs of any given assignment.
In the Discovery Phase, we will:
• Review project objectives
• Review Client’s proprietary consumer research
• Conduct retail audit
• Assess consumer wants, needs, perceptions
• Develop, with client, a visual design brief
• Present visual positioning options
During this first creative phase we explore a broad range of brand identity and package design directions that have been informed by our findings in the Discovery process.
In the Exploration Phase, we will:
• Use the visual design brief to develop a group of design possibilities
• Review and refine those possibilities with client involvement
• Choose the most viable design candidates
• Develop research materials for consumer input
After selecting the appropriate design directions from the Exploration phase, during this next phase we extend those design directions to each SKU in the product line. This activity is likely to include refinements of the structure and label graphics, nomenclature and typographic elements, size and position of secondary copy, icon development, etc.
In the Refinement Phase, we will:
• Refine selected direction based on client and consumer response
• Establish line architecture
• Extend to complete range of products required
This phase encompasses two interrelated functions. The first is the consistent execution and timely production of final electronic art with separators, printers, and all other production resources. The second is the development and implementation of consistent brand identity standards. We are involved in both functions simultaneously throughout this phase.
In the Implementation Phase, we will:
• Develop a clear production target
• Review preparation guidelines with client and production resources
• Create finished electronic art
• Oversee initial production of materials
• Establish and maintain brand design guidelines